What is Non-Emergency Transportation (NET)?
- 作为医疗补助的客户, you may be eligible to get a ride to and from your primary care provider (PCP) appointments or other covered medical services.
- You do not have to pay anything.
- You can go to a specialist outside your local area if you have a referral from your PCP.
- NET will only take you to and from 医疗补助计划-covered services.
- You must be on 医疗补助计划 or ARKids First Plan A.
- You must try to find another ride first – maybe with friends or family members.
- You must not have any other way to get to your appointment.
You cannot use NET if you
- Are a qualified Medicare beneficiary (QMB)
- Are in an intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IID)
- 首先使用ARKids B计划
How do I schedule a NET ride?
- Find out who the NET broker is for the area where you live.
- If you cannot find your broker on the NET map, you can call the 医疗补助计划 Transportation Help Line toll-free at 888-987-1200选项1. We can help you find your broker and how to contact them.
- Call the NET broker in your region at least 48 hours (two whole days) before your appointment. (Do not count Saturday, Sunday or holidays.例如:, if you need a ride to your PCP on Monday, you will need to call no later than Thursday.
- Have your 医疗补助计划 ID ready.
- Tell the broker why you need a ride.
- Provide your name, address and phone number of the health care provider.
- Provide the day and time of the appointment.
- Your broker will access your need for services.
- Your broker takes reservations from 8 a.m. 到5点.m. Monday through Friday (except on state holidays).
- Your broker will pick you up as needed if you have an appointment for chemotherapy, radiation therapy or dialysis.
- If you must travel outside your region, you will need a referral from your doctor. Ask the PCP to send the referral to your NET broker.
What does the broker have to do?
- Take reservations Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. 到5点.m.，国定假日除外.
- Provide a toll-free phone number.
- Provide language interpreter service.
- Provide services for the hearing-impaired.
- Tell you a pick-up time when you make an appointment.
- Provide you with a confirmation number to confirm your ride.
- Let you and your PCP know if they will be late.
What if I need to see the PCP right away?
Sometimes your PCP may tell you to get medical care right away. Then you will not be able to give your broker 48 hours’ notice. Your PCP must call the transportation broker and tell him you have an “urgent care appointment.” Your broker should come pick you up without 48 hours’ notice.
What if I have appointments at the same time each week?
- Call your broker and ask if they will set up a regular schedule for you. Some brokers will do this.
- If you need to cancel or change your weekly appointment, that’s OK. Just call your broker as soon as you can and let them know.
What if I have more than one health care provider’s appointment in a day?
Your broker should give you rides to all of your appointments. Just make sure to give 48 hours’ notice.
What if my ride does not show up?
- Call your transportation broker and report the problem.
- Call the NET Help Line at 888-987-1200选项1.
What is the NET Help Line?
- 免费Phone号码(888-987-1200选项1) that helps you with your questions, comments, complaints and suggestions about NET services.
- The Help Line will not arrange rides for you. They can help you find out who your broker is, but you will need to call your broker to arrange rides.
To tell us about a problem, you can contact us:
Beneficiary Relations Specialist
1020 West 4th Street, Suite 300,